This is a development project for backup application running on Windows operating system.
We require an experienced .NET developer that is able to prepare a detailed project outline and possibly become project manager / main developer for this project in the future.
Please note the bid is only for preparing a project plan to be implemented through development process.
The application is already in early stage of development and possibly continue of the work done so far is concerned.
The application is meant to be the client-server solution for performing continuous backup from multiple sites. It consists of main console, placed on the archive server and numerous agent components, installed as the service on desktop or server computers. Each of the desktop agents can have its own configuration describing what and when should be synchronized to the backup server.
2. State of art
Currently, application is fully operational but it lacks the user interface allowing the user to set up the agents remotely (setup is now done on the agent's machine by means of XML files). Also the functionality of remote agent installation is not implemented yet.
3. To do
- User interface in the console module allowing the user to install, manage and set up the backing up agents on the remote stations. Configuration wizards for easy setup,
- Predefined setup configurations for the common tasks (for example: backup all Office files from My Document directory),
- Password protection/transmission encryption,
- Application for accessing the backed up files from the remote location,
- continuous backup feature on distributed systems,
- central data vault within local network for backup data,
- external data center support for distributed backup data storage,
- possibly support for Windows Vista,
- database backup support (MS Exchange/MySQL/Oracle?),
- nice, self-explanatory user interface,
- client / server mode of remote agent operation,
- file version and backup snapshot tracking / recovery,
- possibly Web access to the management interface,
- data mirroring against central data vault,
- real-time data synchronization (client<->server).
The Archivist is written using C# and .NET 2.0 with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. As the database backend, freeware Firebird SQL engine is used.
If you feel you are able to deliver detailed project outline for this application please do bid. If you decide to be part of the development team in the future we are ready to enter closer cooperation.