I need a simple Windows Service which will continuously cycle through a MS SQL table. This table is called 'Alerts' with each row containing a Unique ID, connection string, sql, a condition and a value. There is a second table called 'CallAlerts' which is to be updated as a result of processing rows from the Alerts table.
The service will continuously read the Alerts rows until the last row and then start with row one again. It will cycle through this table endlessly.
1) For each each row in Alerts there is reference data to some different database, you must connect to the database using the connection string and then run the query.
2) Using the query results, compare the returned row count using the condition (>, <, = ) and the value defined in the Alerts table. The result will be either true or false.
3) The next step is to open CallAlerts table which contains previous results. Search for the a row in the CallAlerts table with a matching Unique ID of the Alerts row and the field ClosedDT is null. (there should only be one or none with these two conditions)
4) If the condition's result from #2 is true and matching row is not found, then add a row in CallAlerts with the unique ID and datetime, if row was found then do nothing..
5) If the condition's result from #2 is false and an active row was found then update the row field ClosedDT with the current datetime. if row was not found then do nothing.
When an eof() is reached in the Alters table, then start over again beginning with row 1.
I expect the software to run flawlessly with developer created test data. The end product should include an installation for 32 and 64 bit machine.
This project should require only one day of work. Once accepted, I will send documentation which includes the database.
Hi Sir, I read your bid request and i can do it in 1 [url removed, login to view] if you are interested in work with me just contact me with details and i can start immediately.
14 freelancers are bidding on average $147 for this job
Hi, This can be achieved by creating a windows service application with a Timer control to run endlessly. I have 7 Years experience in C# and SQL Server.