As the Title of the project described, we are looking for someone or group with C# or C++ programming experience especially who have done project on Client/Server Application with SQL Database to join us on our project.
We are building a simple “Multi-player online Game” using Unity3D as the client, Photon or SmartFoxServer as the socket connector between Client and Server, and Custom Server Application (Game Logic and Configuration). We will be using a mixture of UDP and TCP as the main communication protocol for the game. (Please see the attached for more information)
- You must provide us with proof of your past project and experience. If you worked on Game Development before (should it standalone or online) or worked with Unity3D before, would be a plus points. Or else we will need to see proof of your Client/Server Application (in scripts and not executable) that you have developed in C# or C++.
Notes: Please DO NOT show us any Web-Based Application and this would be make your application immediately being rejected.
- You must be able to sign an NDA and agree to non-disclosure
- Working knowledge and experience in C# or C++ is a MUST!
- Working knowledge and experience in common networking library for Windows (Linux is a plus), indepth knowledge of client/server technology and SQL database is a MUST!
The Job Descriptions:
- Your primary task would be coding the Game Server-side (or backend) application game logic which you will be developing using C# or C++. The logic will be based on our game structure and database structure. The Backend Application will connect to SQL Database (i.e. PostgreSQL). You may suggest for improvement but overall, your task will be complying with our structure (unless of course you have different idea which you want to recommend to us, we are open).
- You are required to work with 3rd Party Socket Server such as Photon or SmartFoxServer. We have not decide on any platform, and should you have any recommendation, we welcome it.
- Your coding MUST be accompanied with remarks or comments for other to follow. Failure to comply may end up on dispute which we don’t want to happen.
- You are also required to work on the client side using Unity3D for presentation/visual and testing purposes. The reason you are required to work on the client is to prove that the the game functions are working inline with the backend system. On the client side is mostly presentation or visual side of the game while as the backend or server-side is the logic side of the overall game which you are incharge of.
- You are NOT required to do any graphics, sound or whats not.
- Full game details, plans as well as other resources, scripts and code will be given to you upon successful selection
The payment will be done on project progression basis. Please take note that we do not practice up-front payment but payment will be given out when parts of the project reach maturity and it is as following:
5% Client/Server Connectivity including database connectivity.
10% Avatar & Character Customization
10% Basic Character Mechanics, inclusive of:
- Camera System
- Skeleton (Biped) UI
- Character AI
- Character Point System (HP, MP, SP)
- Inventory and Equipment System
15% Character Status (Stats) and Skills Development
10% The Enemy (e.g. Monster) and NPC AI intergration
10% Chat System including Buddies and Guild System
10% Party & Raid System
10% Character Mount and Pets System
10% Quest & NPC Dialog System
10% Game Master Editor Application Development
Although we have a project timeline, if you are interested in the project, you are required to submit your own timeline (please give your own reasonable timeline).
To Evaluate You:
If you are interest, please do not just provide us just with a Bid, and Timeline. For our evaluation purposes we requires more than just that. Please provide us with the following or else we would have to respectfully decline:
1. Past Records or Reference. Your experience and past project. Sample or download site if you have any.
2. Timetable. Your own version of Timeline with reasonable timeline of the project. In other word, we would like to see your schedule (timetable) of how you going to complete the project for us.
3. Your idea of how we can complete the project.