Looking for an analyst programmer capable of developping and support a workflow software on a 6 month fixed term contract.
Ideally, the software will be developed in ASP.Net, with C#, running on a SQL database.
We are in the process of rewriting our main workflow and need a light version of our workflow to support existing business during the rewriting project. The current application running has been developed in Visual Fox Pro and therefore knowledge in this area would be a plus, although not mandatory as the application developed part of this project will be a new build.
The software need to be capable of handling the following:
1) Automatically import order data based on xml submission
2) Create a job bag automatically containing all relevant information for the production of this order and a barcode that can be scanned out on dispatch
3) Create a delivery list that our despatch department can work to, listing all jobs required to go out on a given day
4) Have a scanning application running so despatch staff can scan the jobs going out and take them off the work to list
5) Potentially integrate with our UPS Worldship software to create shipments automatically via xml submission
This software is aimed at handling orders received from web to print solutions. They will then be produced in our factory.
Once application has been developped, the successfull candidate will have to add new clients and support the application during day to day operations. our development team has already written a base application which is currently running.
The location for this project is Barking, Essex. Easy to commute from London as well, Barking station is on the District Line.
Hours of work are 8am till 6pm Monday to Friday.
This is the company standard, but can be negotiated in the case of a freelancer.