XSD Based Web Application Generator with Theme Support
I require a xsd based web application generator.
The application must be developped as a class library project (.net / c#). The class library must expose one function “CreateWebApplication” with parameters “title”, “theme”, “output path” and “xsd”.
The “CreateWebApplication” function will create a asp.net web application based on specified xsd content. It should generate forms, relations and described functions.
1. User enters name for the application at test application.
2. User selects a theme from a combobox at test application. User must be able to view a set of themes and must be able to pick a theme from a combobox.
3. User selects an xsd file at test application.
4. User enters an output path at test application.
5. User clicks “generate web application” button at test application. This button sends the user input to “CreateWebApplication” method of class library.
6. CreateWebApplication method generates a web application. Web application will include one seperate form for each entity at xsd file and appropriate controls at each form based on the properties of entity.
7. Web application will also include a class file for each entity at xsd file.
8. Each entity form will create a new instance and adds instance to a generic list. Generic list will be stored at session.
9. CreateWebApplication method will also create an index page which will display all the generic lists at session. A simple datagrid can be used at the index page.
10. All asp.net forms, class files, images, css files, javascrit files and other files will be saved to specified path with a valid asp.net 3.5 + web site structure.
Assumptions / Limitations
1. The application must provide a xslt (or any other industry standard) based theme support so we can add additional themes.
2. Application must be well documented. Also code must be commented.
3. Entities can have simple type properties as well with complex type properties (another entity as property or a list as property, for instance Applicant entity might have List as Income property)