Website logger Software Requirements Specifications
A Website logger to collect browsing info from the host machine.
• Website logger for top 3 internet browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome.
o IE versions 6 and up should be supported.
• Both URL and caption should be logged.
User Classes and Characteristics
• Windows XP 32 bits.
• Windows Vista 32 bits and 64 bits.
• Windows 7 32 bits and 64 bits.
Design and Implementation Constraints
• Website logger should be delivered as a .NET assembly DLL.
• .NET framework 2.0 and up can be used as long as the DLL can be referenced via a .NET framework 2.0 projects.
• The Website logger will log info into a structure that contains both caption and URL.
• A test solution (C#) should be included, with a simple interface: buttons for start logging, stop logging and textbox to show the websites logged.
• Website logger should not use more than 1 thread.
o Preferably based on the calling thread, in this case, clear instruction of how to suspend/stop the logging operations should be delivered.
• DLL interface should be:
Init() – Initiation method, Incase constructor does all the initiation, this method can be empty.
Start() – Start logging websites for all browsers supported. Thread safe.
GetWebsitesLogged() – Returns a List of URLs and captions that were logged until now (without deleting them from the list used in the logger). Thread safe.
CleanWebsitesLogged() – Clears the list of Websites logged. Thread safe.
Stop() – Stop logging Websites, without deleting already logged Websites info. Thread safe.
Close() – close logger and clean memory resources. Thread safe.
• Usage instructions.
• Limitations and known issues.
• Debugging instructions.
• Project properties details (Compilation used libraries, compilation command line parameters, special definitions, etc.)
Assumptions and Dependencies
The Website logger DLL will be activated via a thread in a C# exe assembly.