Scope of Development Work
To create a solution in Microsoft SharePoint 2007 as follows,
1. Create a customized MOSS workflow/feature at a document library that will be triggered when
- A new document is added
- A document is modified
- A document is deleted
2. If the document added or modified is not an excel spreadsheet (xls or xlsx) , the WF will exit without
3. If the document added is an Excel document and the document is new:-
a. Open the excel document
b. Identify the designated worksheet (An excel file can have many worksheets. Only some worksheets will be
processed while others ignored).
c. Read the designated cells from the designated worksheet
- Each individual cell, either identified by cell name or by cell id are to be read
- The cell data is to be read into a dataset
- Note that there can be one or more images on the spreadsheet. The image is to be read also and
save into the database.
- If the picture/image cannot be saved into the database, then it will be saved into the
local drive. A unique file name is given to the image.
The complete location of the image is saved into the database.
d. The dataset is then Saved into an MS SQL 2005/2008 database
4. If the document is an excel document and it is an existing document being modified:-
a. Search the database for the rows of data corresponding to this file and remove the data and any other links.
b. If the database contain pointer(s) to any image file on disk - remove the file also.
c. Process the modified file as though it is a new excel file and write the new data into the database
- the procedure as explained in (2) above applies
5. The project is considered complete when we are able,
a. Whenever excel files are uploaded into the document library, the solution extracts the data from the excel
and save the data into the database.
b. An existing file in the document library is then modified and the new sets of data is then written into the
c. A file is deleted and the data belonging to the file is also removed from the database.
1. We will host a SharePoint 2007 site for you to post/test your solution for us to check and verify the workability.
2. We will provide you with adequate number of excel files (xls and xlsx) for simulation and test
3. We will create the database in the same server where the SharePoint is running
3. Once we verified the successful functionality of the solution, and we will request for the source code.
4. Once we recompiled and verified that the source code is reflecting the actual solution, we will release the final payment.
5. The source code provided to us MUST be free from any IP protection or copyright from any party.
6. The source code must be on Visual Studio 2008/2010 (C#) and properly commented.
1. 20% upfront.
2. 50% when we verified the solution is working well on our staging, and we receive the source code.
3. 30% when we deploy to production and verify the solution is working well on production server as well as the source code is verified it to be reflection the solution provided.