We have a very urgent requirement.
The application needs to control silver jewelry inventory movement as it goes from different stages till it gets finished. Basically the inventory from start to completion will go through between 1 to 10 different jeweler desk within the same office. We always get confused who has a particular piece of silver jewelry with them and we need to search manually. We also need to track the time it takes for any jeweler desk from the time he receives the inventory in, till he passes the inventory to the next desk after doing his work.
So basically, each jeweler desk will serve as a unique location in the process. Each time a jeweler gets a piece of jewelry, the jewelry will be in bag, with a barcode and the jeweler will scan in when he receives it. When the jeweler does his work and pass it to the new desk, he needs to scan out and then the next desk has to scan in.
This way through through master computers, we can see at which desk any unique piece of barcoded jewelry is, how long it has been there, from whom it came before etc.
The process of jeweler giving to next jewelry desk is not always same. So it will not follow the same flow like from desk A to desk B to desk C etc. It might be from desk A to desk D back to desk A then to desk U etc.
So the best way would be to scan in and scan out to track inventory movement.
a) This application will run within the local office space only. No need for cloud, app, or other funcationality.
b) It is window based application
c) The application needs the following:-
1) Ability to create database for inventory, with custom fields. Some inventory items need more additinal custom fields, so this should be possible. Some possible database field will be item number, item image, number of small stones needed to make this item, item begining weight, item ending weight etc.
2) Each item will have a unique barcode number which we should be able to enter. This is very important requirement. For example for style number 131, we can create a barcode 131WMs0001.
Now if we have to make 10 pieces of this design, then we can simply ask the system to print 10 barcodes for this design. The barcodes will increase in numeric order 131WMs0001, 131WMs0002 etc. Next time we need to make 3 more designs, then the system should print barcode after the last serial number used.
This way each individual piece belonging to the same design can be tracked individually
2) As the inventory of each individual barcode moves around the office, the database should store the time stamp in and time stamp out of each desk.
3) All the jeweler desks will only have scanners to scan in and out the jewelry. They will not have any computers. So the scanners need to be wireless connect to main software computer, which might be running in 5 to 6 different user desk.
4) Ability to print reports based on individual style movements, total main style stock etc
This is a rough overview of what we need to give you an idea. The actual requirement might be more detailed but mainly this is so you have idea what we need.
We need this done very fast
17 freelancers are bidding on average $450 for this job
Hey! I am professional coder with skills including Inventory Management, MySQL, Software Development, Software Architecture and C Programming. Please contact me to discuss more regarding this project. Thank you
HELLO! I'm an C# development expert. I have developed similar inventory&barcode products. I can provide very affordable prices for high quality results. I can start now
Hi, I have over 14 years of extensive professional experience in software development in windows and web both. I have skilled team with me. I believe in delivering quality work within given deadlines.