This project requires a MySQL database containing a list of folders be created at a location based on what is contained in a MySQL database table if they do not already exist. It also requires that files be copied from a location on the same HDD to the location (same HDD) specified in the database table. It also requires the text string in the database table column2, i.e. (sample1) be replaced with the text string in another column3 in the database table, i.e. (Dallas).
At a high level, the Classic ASP logic is as follows:
1. Open a database with a SELECT statement
2. Do while not EOF
3. Call objFolder Function ( info from db table )
4. If Folder rs("column1") not exists then create folder using name from db & return T or F
5. If T (folder created successfully) then update db column4 with 1 (true) and db column5 with date/time folder created. Else update db column6 with 0 (false) and column7 with date/time folder operation failed.
6. Call objFilename Function ( info from db table ) i.e. tmp-location, filename, rs("column1"), rs("Column2")
7. If filenamers("column2") not exists, then copy file from temp-location to location specified in variable for the current row in the db table. Search the current file, based on db info, and replace the tmp-text rs("column2") with the replacement text rs("column3"). Return T or F if operation was successful.
8. If T (file copied & updated successfully) then update db column6 with 1 (true) and db column7 with date/time folder created. Else update db column6 with 0 (false) and column7 with date/time file operation failed.
9. Display a progress bar showing progress of these activities. Does not need a separate progress bar for each individual activity, just one for the high level operation of folder/file/rename activity. The label for this progress bar will be "File Operations1". There is a requirement for additional progress bars for certain Folder activities and will be labeled as "File Operations2", "E-Mail Notification", etc.
10. Move to next row in the table and loop through the above operation again
11. Once everything is completed successfully, call another function named objNotify, using info from the db table row to send an e-mail notification based on the e-mail address in the db table. Return T or F if e-mail was successfully sent.
12. If T (successful e-mail sent), then update db column8 with 1 (true) and db column9 with date/time e-mail was sent. Else update db column8 with (false) and column9 with date/time e-mail operation failed.
13. Close db related operations.
NOTE: The db column update activities could be performed within the function to simplify operation.
This is very high level just to give an idea how this will work so some things could change as we move forward with this project. The column1, column2, etc are just examples. We will use actual names for the columns. Basically, I just want to create folders and copy template files into each folder and rename the placeholder text in the newly copied file with text from the database and update the database table with status information. I also need the page to display progress bars so the user knows something is happening in real time as this activity is happening.
12 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $18/time for dette job
Hello. I read your project description.. I have many experience with Mysql and php. You will satisfy with my work. I am very fast and reliable. Please let us discuss more.. I will do my best to help you.