1. I need a small Linux vmware (or docker container?)
2. I have a license and installation files for windows version of Sybase SQL Anywhere
[url removed, login to view]
3. my problem is, that I don´t have the installation files of the inux version.
so my idea is to get the installer - files or to find somene who is able to install my windows files and get my database running stable (e.g with wine?)
The sollution should be:
make a description (bitbucket project) and installer script in git repo that will start with
creating linux vm (or docker container?)
1. installing ubuntu network version
2. with making wine running if needed and installing my windows server version of SQL ASA
2. using linux version of sybase asa 11 (I can buy it - if it is possible, I could not find it anywhere)
3. make services to start/stop the database
4. make description to change parameters of network and database service
5. make share directory for database files
The main work to do is to run windows installation of Sybase SQL anywhere in WINE! In net you can find some samples, that this is working: https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/programming-9/wine-unixodbc-easysoft-odbc-sybase-driver-880365/
but I have no knowledge in wine.