Looking for a database designer to design and create a database containing information on the world of gambling. The actual database is to be implemented in MySQL.
The database is to contain information on:
- businesses, operators and providors of gambling activities
- activities, sportsbetting, casino, poker, bingo
- commercial aspects, promotions, affiliate codes
- facilities, deposit/withdraw methods and providors
The purpose of the database is to act as backend to a series of websites whereby each one extracts data from the database and displays that data using an appearance and priority specific to that website.
For this specific project you must design the database by examining the real world situation. I do not expect each and every attribute to be defined right away. You must define the entities with their key attributes and relationships as well as the obvious secondairy attributes, after that detail attributes can be added during the design of the websites.
With the initial design of the database i will also create a website that acts as the administrator site. So this initial site is for internal use. I will create the actual site myself but you do need to design the basic queries to be used to extract data from the database.
The websites will most likely be done in Java Spring so any experience with Java technology is advantageous but as your task is the database itself it is not a requirement.
After the inital design there will be a number of small follow-up projects that deal with the creation of individual websites. Your task will be to review the database based on the needs of the individual website, make small adjustments and design the basic queries needed.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
So you need to be someone with specific experience in database design. I know most developers have the basic skills, i have have them myself, but i'm not looking for a developer, i'm looking for a database specialist. ( for MySQL )