Need your advise and viewpoint on few items pertaining a potential mobile app development requirements.
Key overview :
1. The app is for job application
2. The programmer company proposes to use Ionic to develop the app
3. The security element on the app is very basic
4. The programmer propose HA Cloud for this app
5. The programmer does not have a full detailed job scope yet but has already quoted his price
Here are our concerns :
1. The application is similar in concept with already famous Grabjobs in Malaysia and Singapore. The stability of this app is in due of it being a native app.
2. Ionic is one of the first Hybrid app development frameworks but majority of programmer have stopped using it and most of move into native react or developing native apps from scratch.
3. The Ionic framework is known to be having perfomance issues.
4. The security of the app has to be different as it cannot be dependant on a login and User ID alone. As this will have personal data of many people with their CV's on it. If the app does not have an encrypted data based connection. The app could be hack as a backdoor to our data.
5. HA Cloud is showing that this app will have a lot of activity hence the framework needs to be heavy duty and able to function under mass data input.
6. Not having the detailed scope but being able to quote the price is very worrying. They cannot confirm the man days to develop which could mean that we will need to pay a lot more in the future.
7. As an app it would be best to use the latest technologies which will be able to sustain the developing market versus older technology which is known to crash under high load.