We are making a platform that allows customers to receive and view discounts to certain stores on their phone, through the app.
They will essentially have a physical card (which they use to show the merchant), and the app to go along with it. The app shows them which stores accept the card and discount program, as well at what the offers for each store are.
Users will then be able to use the app (or physical card) and scan it at stores that are supported to receive a special discount. The app will allow them to scan their card, see what stores and discounts are offered, what is nearby, as well as how many points they have (they receive 3 points per purchase). It is similar to UNiDays (you can find it on the app store).
Store owners will also be able to use the same app to login to their accounts and manage records, accept customer scans and add purchases, and edit their immediate store information such as name, location, phone number, etc.
What we need is a NATIVE Android app to go along with an iOS app already being made. The design should be the same, and so should the functionality. You will essentially be working with the individual who made the iOS app to make sure it’s all the same.
The app will:
- Contain two languages (arabic and english), should go from to right and right to left on switch - translations will be provided (this can be done in the end)
- Two account types (Users and Store owners).
- Users will have the following tabs: Home, Search/Offers, Map (nearby locations), Account. Each tab will have sub views as well
- Store owners will have the following tabs: Home, My Store, Records (records will show all previous purchases people have made at your store, this view will be password protected).
- Be able to scan barcodes (use some sort of barcode scanner) since a physical card is required at sign up.
- Use an API that we will give documentation for to send and fetch information to and from the server and database. Will be HTTPS requests with API key authentication. We will walk you through this.
It’s a simple app functionality-wise, but it needs to be done well.
Below are some of the screenshots of the app so far (they are subject to change). It most likely won't look exactly the same since a lot of it is iOS default - but it should look similar and recognizable.
Understanding Swift and having an iPhone is HEAVILY preferred. With this, we can add you as a beta tester and you will have something to refer to. With the code (which will be commented), you will be able to better understand how everything works behind the scenes so you can implement the same functionality for the Android app .