We are interested in having an iOS/Android app developed for an end-to-end consumer sensor solution that we’ve developed and will be selling online in the near future. The product is a wireless temperature & humidity monitoring system consisting of both the hardware & software needed to visualize the incoming/historical sensor data and the ability to manage sensors through our responsive web application. This product is called Tempy and you can find out more about it through our website here: [login to view URL]
Our fully responsive web application (C# .Net MVC web app developed in-house) currently gives users the ability to visualize their sensor data from anywhere in the world (via phone, tablet, and PC) and create custom alerts which when triggered are sent via email to alert the user. With this said, we are also wanting to have a native iOS/Android app developed which has the ability to send push notifications when alerts are triggered through our web application.
In order for you to get a full understand of our web application and how it works, we have set up a sandbox account for you to explore. Please keep in mind that this web app is still in development and the sensor data in is currently faked (not live).
You can access this account at the following:
• URL: [login to view URL]
• Login: sandbox@[login to view URL]
• Password: UBrt!1@9b@nsS)^n
To help visualize how we see the app functioning, we have mocked up 2 versions of the push notifications app that we’d quotes (pdf attached). Please note that both app mockups (version 01 & 02) consist of the same “home/main screen” (screen 01) with ONE main difference in functionality – version 2 has a second screen with a line chart displaying the last hour of data leading up to the alert trigger – further explanation below:
App Version 01:
When a notification is tapped the UI simply expands that notification to display more alert information/details consisting of:
• Entire alert message
• Alert name that was triggered
• What type of alert and which threshold was triggered
App Version 02:
When a notification is tapped the UI will take you to a new screen displaying the last hour of data leading up to the alert (line chart) – all additional information/details on “screen 02” is the same as the expanded info in App version 01 (list above) – the chart and layout/style are the only main differences.
Tempy Notification App Functionality Explanation:
1. Display alerts in list format w/ color coded icon based on alert type with the device name, alert message and date/time.
• Green Tempy Icon: Temperature alert trigger notification
• Blue Tempy Icon: Humidity alert trigger notification
• Yellow Tempy Icon: Dew-point alert trigger notification
• Purple Tempy Icon: Temperature alert trigger notification
2. Ability to search devices by name via the search field
3. Ability to filter notifications by alert type through bottom toolbar navigation:
• Filter by Temperature Alerts: Display only notifications w/ green icon (1st icon, most left)
• Filter by Humidity Alerts: Display only notifications w/ blue icon (2nd icon)
• No by Filter: Display ALL notification (3rd icon, middle)
• Filter by Dew-Point Alerts: Display only notifications w/ yellow icon (4th icon)
• Filter by Air-Pressure Alerts: Display only notifications w/ purple icon (5th icon, most right)
4. Ability to access our Responsive WebApp via “Dashboard” buttons
5. Ability to see which notifications are read/unread (red bar)
6. Ability to delete notifications via “swipe left”
Not Included in UI Mockups that Will Need to be Accounted for:
1. Means of logging in once the app is downloaded
2. Means of logging out of the app
Thank you for your consideration.