This project will be protected by an NDA with the Freelancer being hired.
We require a relatively simplistic feeling game system that needs to be primarily delivered into a Microsoft HoloLens platform APP... therefore the HoloLens commands to be be familiar to the developer.
The project will consist of:
- the APP development for the HoloLens
- an APP development will also be ported for iPhone or AndroidPhone during the development phase as this will simplify operational testing.
- LAN based server that the APP will log onto to get its game profiles from (either in batch or transactionally) at the beginning, during and end of the game.
- The final 3D Holographic object images to be used will be generated here in the UK and modified from time to time in the future for each APP content delivery (post APP's development) so the tools, methods, file types and complexity and framework will have to be agreed at time of APP creation so replacement objects can be 'simply' dropped onto the server for upload into the APPS like other game resources.
- The sound files associated with the 3D Holographic objects will also be generated here in the UK and modified from time to time (like 3D Holographic objects).
- During development sample graphics and sounds can be used for proof of concept.
- The event characteristics of each 3D Holographic object will be definable as when changing of the 3D image and sound files (so the APP code does not have to be changed) therefore there will be a series of object attributes defined that can be applied to each 3D object.
- During the game and Post game the results of player interaction with the 3D Holographic objects will be uploaded (via Wifi) from each HoloLens/Phone Device into an SQL accessible database (brand to be agreed) so other systems can interrogate the SQL dataset via SQL calls. Therefore each device will need to have an address that stays mapped to the specific HoloLens or Phone device.
- For testing the APP should have a mode that can be played by a APP resident game, BUT because this APP will primarily be played in association with a Local Game Server on its wifi LAN it will need to understand a series of Global Game Event sent by the Game server to the APPs in the form of:
- - Start
- - End
- - Time Remaining
- - Status (Level/Position in the Game)
and other key game events
NOTES: Freelancers will be assessed on their ability to demonstrate previous Augmented Reality development projects. Post awarding the project and signing of the NDA further documentation and project details will be provided.