We are health science researchers who received prototype research grant from our government. For this project, we are looking for a developer to build both Apple Watch and iPhone app. The app must able to reliably establish a stable Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connection with conventional heart rate chest transmitter (example Polar H10). Our team would want a developer that can develop apps, in both Apple Watch and iPhone, capable of:
1. Reliably establish a stable continuous real time data from the existing/commercialized heart rate chest transmitter (example like Polar H10) via low-power signal (BLE)
2. The app need to analyse heart rate data (from the chest transmitter) with a specific algorithm and coding rules (more detail will be provided after signing NDA/CDA).
3. Developer requires to build the Apple watch app that can display colour on the entire watch screen, with full brightness (override user brightness setting if possible) in few seconds intermittently. The idea is that the watch app colour (either green, yellow or red), will guide user during exercise, on the optimal/appropriate exercising heart rate. Aside from colour changes, the watch user will also be notify with vibration to indicate changes to exercise optimal heart rate zone. More detail on the algorithm and coding rules will be provided after signing NDA/CDA.
4. Aside from the watch app, the companion iPhone app will also need to be develop. The iPhone app function primarily to set up user advance/optional setting for the watch app. However, the iphone app will have similar capability to use color-coding to guide user to optimal exercise intensity as the watch app. The iPhone app capable to establish a stable connection with heart rate chest transmitter, which then processed the heart rate data to display colour on the entire iPhone screen, intermittently, according to user optional setting. The iPhone will also use audio to notify a user of their current state of exercise. The iPhone app can function to analyse user exercise performance over time, set exercise goal, tracking exercise duration. The GPS tracking function is not compulsory. We wish the design and the some functions (e.g post exercise analysis, set exercise goal, tracking exercise duration) of these apps inspired by the award winning app called Strava. More detail on the algorithm and coding rules will be provided after signing NDA/CDA.
5. Once the both apps have been finalized and approved by us, we will need the source code for both apps. Extensive/through test is required to make sure the apps run without error prior to the files submission to App Store. The app will be monetized via subscriptions on iOS.
Our team use Principal (please google Principle for Mac) application to animate/mock our project with interactive user interfaces, so it’ll be a plus if developer use this Mac application as well.
We are looking for a team that can work independently with minimum feedback from us to create a polished product that is worthy of being featured by Apple.
Milestones will be split as following:
1) Technical plan
2) UI finished
3) Development / QA finished + submitted to store.
You will be asked to answer the following questions when submitting a proposal:
1. We need a team who have designers in-house. Please post relevant portfolio samples of design work. Need samples of ALL of the following: app icons, app UI, app store screenshots.
2. Please confirm your fixed price bid for this project? Quote must be for the price that we pay. Please submit proposed milestones via Upwork.
3. Please confirm timeline for delivery of the finished project.
4. Do you have in-house QA team? Please list ALL iOS devices that you have available for testing.
5. What framework / language do you suggest to use for this app and why?