Front-end developers with 6 years minimum experience are required to work on programming a social app, involving the following tasks:
- Authentication and authorization with OAuth 2.0, using Facebook / Instagram API, expected effort 3-6 hours.
- Facebook sharing features such as messaging, friend tagging, friend requesting, video and photo posting, expected effort 15-20 hours.
- Development of 15 screens on MVC architecture, with auto-layout and auto-resizing support, expected effort 15-20 hours.
- Custom view design / development using 2D context / quartz core libraries, expected effort 15-20 hours.
- Local and Push notifications support, expected effort 5-10 hours.
- SoundCloud API integration for listing and playing various channel content, expected effort 5-8 hours.
- Planning and lifecycle management of static file caches, such as photos, common lists, and sound clips, expected effort 3-5 hours.
- Geo-location, Maps API, point / polyline plotting, custom markers and message bubbles, and source - destination routing, expected effort 8-12 hours.
In addition to the above, developer must use the following throughout all parts of the code:
- Advanced mobile app programming patterns and TDD (test-driven development) with code coverage of more than 93%.
- Git source control remote repository creation, branching, and tagging repos.
- Automated build and deployment scripting, as well as continuous integration.
Platforms required: iOS, Android, and PhoneGap. Our selection criteria may depend on the quality of code offered, portfolio / credentials, and competitiveness of number of hours proposed.
PS: Estimated timeframe is 70 to 100 hours.