Caller ID app
Must work with Android and Iphone
Languages: English, Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese
I'll refer to 3 currently available apps/services, for your reference: a)Trapcall: unmasks unknown caller IDs; b)Truecaller: looksup unknow numbers into a social database; c) [url removed, login to view]: records initial 8 seconds of voicemail greetings
So here's what I want:
1. Incoming call has unknown/ no caller ID? YES: Unblock like "Trapcall" and continue to 2.
2. Caller ID is in local Phonebook? YES: show called ID <END>
3. Caller ID is in the cached database? YES: bring info from database, like "TrueCaller". Also offer to play stored voice greeting before deciding whether to take the call <END>
4. Twilio places a callback to originating number to directly access the voicemail greeting and record the first 10 seconds. Store recording (twilio link) and offer to play it at the destination handset.
5. After listening to the caller's greeting the user can accept or reject the call
6. After call is accepted and ends, app will push a request for user to type caller's name (user can do so or reject request). If accepted the name typed will be stored in our database (linked with the caller ID and greeting saved).
7. Like TrueCaller: when setting up the app users will be asked to share/contribute their contact list to the database (not during the initial setup but rather after they received 5 calls). If accepted upload phone-name pairs to the database
You will need to:
Do all the design, including icons and everything else
Provide mobile apps with complete source code.
Submit to Applestore and Google play
Structure database to hold name/phone pairs. This database should be capable of holding at least 2 Billion entries.
Please send a detailed proposal and willingness to provide prototypes. If selected there's also possibility for ongoing engagement.