This is relatively small iOS 7 refresh project for a universal music app for guitar players, however, there is serious long term potential here for future work. My company produces some of the top music education apps on the App Store, and we’re developing 4 more this year. All of these products, and our existing ones, need maintenance updates. We’re looking for top-tier, jack-of-all-trade developers to rely on for this year and beyond.
Due to the number of proposals we receive, and the missteps we’ve made in the past, we're trying to get better at finding the right developer BEFORE hiring. We now require a small TEST JOB to be completed which will help us determine the highest quality candidates.
Talented, serious developers only :) Preferably with an interest in playing music and/or an eye for design. Thanks for understanding — details at the bottom:
1) Scope of Update Project (all design assets supplied by us):
- Minimal iOS 7 compatibility update (updating the look of the buttons, volume control, settings/more page buttons and nav bars to reflect iOS 7 style.
- Update audio SDKs (Audiobus 126.96.36.199 [[url removed, login to view]], Audiocopy 2.0.1 [[url removed, login to view]])
- Enable Apple's "Inter-App audio feature"
- Refresh some image files for local and remote (in-app) content
- Create new logic for App Review popup (before it was just based on screen loads, now it will be based on how much audio the user plays in the app, and the popups will first ask if the user likes the app. If they don't > submit feedback. If they do > ask them to write a review. If they aren't sure yet > Not Sure Yet. That will snooze the popup for a few days. There will also be logic for users who have already clicked Yes to rate, and have upgraded the app.
- Modification to "More" screen list. Make it have sticky row-headers and include a section for our other app. The app will have a details page, similar to our in-app purchases, which, if an internet connection is detected, will pull in a YouTube video that the user can play.
- Modification to Settings page. Removal of some buttons, fix dead links.
2) TEST JOB:
Thanks for reading this far!
A) The test app should have two tabs. The first one contains a 3-way page control (see attached gif).
There are 3 elements on this screen (text areas). The user can use each one as a page control, and they are all linked to eachother moving together at different speeds. This is a tabbed-control, much like the Featured Apps in the iOS app store; the user can only swipe one page at a time. It is not like the iOS alarm clock where the user can swipe through many numbers in one swipe. The control should stop and 'snap' to each page.
B) The 2nd tab should feature a progress bar and a button that, when pressed, animates it from 10% filled to 50% filled using the graphics provided. This is a remake of the one from the app ‘Duolingo’. Please see Duolingo for a perfect example of this.
C) The icon should be a smiley face.
If you can build this test app successfully, we would VERY much consider hiring you for this project and future work.
Please distribute to the following UDIDs:
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!