Hi guys. 18 months ago I posted here for some help developing an iPhone app idea that I had. I found a good dev, got the app built, and over 30k downloads later my app is in the Top 100 in its category, and climbing quickly. Now the time has come to look for some dev help once more. My guy is getting too busy with his day job, or trimming his beard, or waxing his wife's back (that joke is for him), so I need someone to take over support for the app.
- I won't reveal the name of the app in this posting, but I'd be happy to do so privately. It's actually a somewhat simple universal-binary app with a server-hosted database back-end. (I have another developer who does the server-side work). I do content updates to the app daily. All of the services are called via JSON, so familiarity with that is necessary. I'm also looking to introduce in-app payment, so your experience in that area would be a big plus. Push notification setup (Urban Airship, perhaps), improved geolocation services, and better facebook integration are also on the roadmap.
- I typically aim for one update to the app per quarter, so I am looking for someone who is interested in being available regularly. I will work with you and my other iOS dev to transition knowledge and get you up to speed. Beyond this app, I also have a couple of spin-off concepts that I would like to get developer input on.
- the app is growing at an incredible pace...should do about 3M "page views" this month alone after only breaking into the 1M/month territory a few months ago. If this continues, pretty soon I will be forced to treat it as more than a hobby, get some investors, and go legit. If you are interested in getting in early and sharing in the success, this could be a great chance.
- if you cut-and-paste your company's pre-packaged sales pitch into a "bid" for my work, don't expect a response from me. The fact that you won't take the time to at least truly read my request and tailor your bid accordingly tells me we probably wouldn't work out. Also, if your response begins with "We" then I'm less likely to be interested. I'm looking for a freelancer, not a company. Companies have overhead that I don't want to pay for.
- my project description is somewhat vague since I'm looking for someone to do ongoing development, not just one feature. But since I really do need to know what you generally charge, please help me understand your cost by telling me what you would charge me to build each of these specific features:
1. adding an icon navigation styled homepage to the iPhone app (similar to facebook's app) to replace the existing bottom-tab-bar navigation. I would provide the icons.
2. adding Facebook integration to the iPad portion of the app (very basic fb integration already exists on the iPhone side).
3. adding in-app-payment to allow users to publish their own "content" to my server (via a json post) for a one-time fee that is handled via IAP