The project is about designing an app that calculates the outcome of a battle in a popular strategy game (Clash of Clans).
Before talking about the app, I will briefly explain the game concept which is as follows: Players train troops and send them to attack other players' bases. Bases have a number of structures: Defensive structures such as cannons and archer towers, etc. and non defensive structures such as town hall, gold mines, etc. Defensive structures attack the troops while non defensive structures don't.
Attackers win the battle by winning one or more stars. Stars can be won as follows:
1. One star for destroying 50% of the defender's base
2. Another star for destroying the defender's main building - the town hall
3. Another star for destroying 100% of the defender's base
The idea of this app is to design a calculator that gives the outcome of a battle between troops and bases. It will allow users to select the defensive structures they wish to attack and the number of troop units they wish to use and find out the outcome of the battle.
There are 8 types of defensive structures and 15 types of troop units. Each unit/structure has a number of parameters:
- Unit/structure hit points: (life)
- Damage per attack: 20 hit points, 40 hit points, 100 hit points, etc
- Attack speed :0.8 second, 1 second, 1.4 second, etc.
- Attack type: single, splash.
- Attack target: air, ground.
- Unit movement speed: for troops only, not for defensive structures
More details will be provided after preliminary agreement.
An IOS version is required at this stage (iPhone and iPad). An android version will be required later with an extra payment.
No artwork is needed. It will be provided once the app has been tested.
The app will be tested by applying it to real game battles and find out if the outcome matches what happens in the game. Once satisfied with the outcome the payment will be made in full.