Evolution Ventures is requesting proposals for mobile development resources related to the development of an iPhone app’s front end and back end:
• Professional development of the app framework including submission of user input to a server side script which accesses a client database.
• Implementation of infrastructure hooks for back end database feeds allowing the app to load and display elements being called from an outside server.
• A separate quote for UI development
The foundations of the app will be presented through various elements including sketches, basic wireframes, user interaction workflow and general plans. Various other elements such as design PSDs and other presentation materials are available.
The intention is to utilize the app as a input and display program. The backend database and server will handle the logic and processing, then provide the app with images & additional information based on specific user submitted text.
Respondents may provide proposals for one, two, three or all of the three app services but we are looking for a development team to create the app and basic backend infrastructure need. Thus the user interface design can be a separate handled by a separate team and will need to interact with the rest of the development team.
The procedure for awarding this project will be based on a full review to be preformed by Evolution Ventures and may include follow up conference calls and/or other correspondence.
The overall product roadmap includes direct support for various iOS devices, eventual development for the Android OS & over various devices. At this time our main focus is the design and development of the iPhone app. The app's development should be geared towards the iPhone 4 with additional consideration for the iPhone 3Gs & 3G models.
The database, as well as server side processing will need to be designed, coded and setup for simplicity as well as scalability. Amazon S3 serving solution will be utilized while a database and the overall system structure has not been formally defined.
Lastly a web-based interface will be created separately. This will be the front-end interface which controls, updates and provides access to the database as well as the storage elements.
Proposed application/system must meet the following minimum requirements:
• App optimization for use on the iPhone 4, iPhone 3Gs & 3G models
• Structure and ability to serve high quality Retina display
• Built in Web browsing capabilities
• GPS / Geolocation
• Fullscreen display functionality
• Search engine integration (dynamic generation of URL strings for specific search engines)
• Additional API integration for (Instapaper, Facebook, Twitter & potential others such as Yelp)
• Splash page animation
• Content placeholder frame integration
• Loading of HTML / DHTML & HTML5 elements within various content placeholder frames
• Ability to swipe and showcase additional UI elements within frames
• Feedback submission form
• In App shortcuts with/ macro capabilities
• Input/submission history
• Integration of tracking
• Tracking of all key functionality (Number of app launched, asset loads, user input, submissions, page views, time within app & more)
• Database setup w/ support for various "accounts" (sections, categories etc...)
• Linking of database and Amazon S3 servers where assets will be hosted and loaded into the app's content placeholder frames.
• Ability to track the number of database queries and asset requests made through the app.
• Server side script to process user inputted text and review it against database information.