There is a test job required to apply for this project. Talented, serious developers only :) Preferably with an interest in music and great design. We need to see that you can build the core components of the app first before we hire you. Thanks for understanding — details at the bottom:
This project is for a relatively basic 3-tab app for iOS that teaches a person a certain musical theory skill (guitar scales). All the graphics have been designed and a detailed spec will be delivered to you upon being awarded this project.
- Built in NATIVE iOS
- Built with localization strings for app text and some graphic elements (i.e. app will be in english and some other languages)
- iOS 7 Compliant
- App Plays Audio
- Audio must loop seamlessly (repeats with no gap between end of audio file and beginning of audio file)
- Includes Crashlystics SDK
- Portrait-view only
- All app data is stored locally
App has 3 tabs:
- Tab 1 is a 'learning' section with multiple chapters and a progress bar at the top. When a user taps into the chapter, the experience is similar to reading a book in iOS. At the bottom of each chapter is a Complete button, and when they hit that, they return to the main view and the progress bar moves forward (based on the percentage of all the chapters completed).
- Tab 2 is a 'practice' section that has a page control with 7 pages. There are 3 screen elements linked together, so they move as one unit, even though they move at different speeds. Each page in this view also has a Play button which plays a looping audio clip. You can rotate this screen continuously to view each of the 7 variations. When changing, the background image will change (blend into the next bg image), and the audio clip will change.
- Tab 3 is a simple More screen with contact information, link to more apps, etc.
App must include Crashlytics SDK.
Builds will be distributed via TestFlight or HockeyApp platforms, whichever you are comfortable with.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
We will need you to complete a test job which proves you can create the 2 most difficult parts of the app -- see the attached animated gif.
This test app should have two tabs. The first one contains the following:
3-way page control (see attached gif)
There are 3 elements on the screen (text areas). The user can use each one as a page control, and they are all linked to eachother moving together at different speeds. This is a tabbed-control, much like the Featured Apps in the iOS app store; the user can only swipe one page at a time. It is not like the iOS alarm clock where the user can swipe through many numbers in one swipe. The control should stop and 'snap' to each page.
The 2nd tab should feature a progress bar and a button that, when pressed, animates it from 10% filled to 50% filled using the graphics provided. This is a remake of the one from the app ‘Duolingo’. Please see duolingo for a perfect example of this.
If you can build this test app successfully, we would VERY much consider hiring you to complete the actual app. We will provide you more details on it afterwards.
Please distribute to the following UDIDs: