Create an event tracking and alert application for iPhone and Android platform.
1. This app would connect to a developer managed database that would track/pinpoint events in 3-5 difference categories.
2. The app would issue background alerts to the mobile device when a new event is entered into the database, as well as pinpoint these on a map.
3. The event alerts can be user filtered (turn on or off) by location such as continent, country, state/province.
4. The app would have a screen to show the closest events to the user.
5. Events are static and accumulate so the user would see all the events on their map or on a page in list format.
6. Events would appear on the map with numbers to indicate who old the event is. 0=current, 1=1 week, etc.
7. If possible, app would alert user to events within a set perimeter of miles if the device enters within such a perimeter of the event.. 10,20,50miles,etc.
8. The app would also post it's alerts in the "Today swipe down notifications in iOS" and similar in Android.
The app would have a main event screen showing all new events in the user filter area and four other prominent main category buttons to other app pages.
1. MAP PAGE - with user selected filters, for location and event type, with the native OS map scrolling, panning, magnification, etc. Touching an event map icon would drill down to it's details.
2. Category 1 button - would display a list of that category of events by proximity and details. One inside any category page, user can select to display a difference or all categories.
3. Category 2 button - "same function as Category one button"
4. Statistics button. This button would display various event statistics from the database for the areas filtered by the user.
Event Detail Page. Tapping on any event will show a pop up with the basic first fields and an option to launch the event detail page. All event details will be input into developer server and pushed to devices. Event details would include names, address and a few other fields. The event detail page will be very similar to a route map from one destination to another. Events have related a beginning location, waypoint 1,2,3, etc, and then a final location which is the event itself. Between each point on the map is a route with a few fields of it's own. Think of this as a travel map that will show a beginning, routes, some waypoints and a final destination - the event. Only the routes are straight lines from point to point and do use any roads or mapping data. They only display the data base fields.
A good example would be a London event with a Miami beginning and a New York waypoint. The detail map for that event would display the event in London, with a beginning icon in Miami and a line drawn from Miami to New York (the route waypoint) and another line from New York to London. The route line would also have about 10 fields that would display upon touching it. In this example, touching the Miami to New York route line would display the route fields. I have attached a graphic to represent this functionality.
Production time is of primary concern so I need a fast developer. If you are an expert in only iOS or Android please place your bid, I will consider hiring two programmers if necessary.
The application is relatively simple in that is basically displays the database information in the application in difference formats as well as using the location services (GPS) of the device to determine proximity to events to enable alerts and display events within a distance range and enable filtering functions. One this that wasn't mentioned. The developer needs a input screen to add new events to the database and release it to the app. This can be a simple data entry page formatted for a mobile device.
I forgot to upload the event page mock up/sample. Here it is.
IMPORTANT - FULL MOCK UP NEWLY ATTACHED. PLEASE REVIEW THE MOCK UP AND SEND ME A MESSAGE TO CONFIRM YOU BID.
A page and functionality of the app that was not in the original bid is included in the mock up.. It's the first news ready page which will allow the user to select RSS feeds and the news posted will be filtered for content based on keywords by the developer. I cite a sample iPhone app that I used as the example and like it's functionality. There are dozens of RSS reader apps so this is neither difficult or new. he only difference is that we will apply the filter for our users so only news stories about our particular subject will display.
Due to not having a full mockup available for review when posting the original project. I am closing this project and reposting it so I can get more accurate bids. I got a lot of lowball bids that were not realistic and it's too difficult to sort through the bid that are not serious to find the accurate ones.