We need an instant communication/chat Android app for internal use that is based on GAE (Google App Engine) and Google Cloud Messaginh. If you wish, you may use this app's (InstaChatX) source code as the base: [url removed, login to view] . This app has already been developed and its full source code is available online. If you want, you may develop your own version of the app from scratch as well but it should have all these features and the same or better interface. Your task would be to:
• Make this app fully work after deploying the server side code on GAE using a new Google account and provide proof of the same.
• Add comprehensible comments to all the source files so that even a novice is able to understand how the code works, and write some documentation (Word/PDF) OR design a brief video tutorial for the same.
• Add deletion functionality so that when a user/sender deletes a chat message that s/he had sent, it is deleted from local SQLite database, on cloud server/GAE, and a GCM message is also sent to all the chat recipient to delete the message from their local databases where it is deleted accordingly.
• Add timer functionality to send a broadcast chat message such that the message self-destructs after the specified time both on local database of recipients as well as on the cloud server/GAE.
• Add the functionality to send pictures (simple/small size).
• Write a document in Word/PDF format briefly explaining how each feature of the app works so that even non-IT employees or non-developers can easily understand how to install and use the app.
• At conclusion, provide the complete source code for server and client side (as described above) and provide an APK file for the app. The APK file does not need to be published online as it would be used internally.
Since all the source code is already available and you only have to perform minor modifications and add documentation, so this project is being published in the very small projects category. If the project is awarded to you, you would need to sign a NDA, verify your or your business' identity (through a notarized verification letter or photo ID or another appropriate document), and also a contract transferring all the rights to the modified project, documentation and account to us because it has to be used internally by our company. Please read the project requirements carefully and apply only if you can complete the work satisfactorily within the projected time. Please also specify your projected completion time carefully as extensions may not be granted later. If this project is completed really well by you, you may expect a good bonus as well as further projects from us in the near future.