Some kind of a combo-app which is a cross between Total Recall and FolderSync.
1. User will be identified by logging in once on first use.
2. App should work in the background and record ALL incoming and outgoing phone calls.
3. Recording will be saved in various audio formats including MP3 and lower quality formats for lower storage requirements, like AMR. The files will be stored locally on the device (or memory card) and will later on be synced to the cloud.
4. File naming pattern will be constant and made out of the following elements (user can’t control this):
*other number - the number calling or being called
*recording length (seconds)
*recording start time (epoch time)
*file format - as an extension
Example filename: [url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view] will be uploaded via HTTP POST to a remote server according to user login details, and then deleted from the device.
a. user can define sync method:
*3G / 4G
b. Syncing should be reliable - meaning:
All files must be uploaded once.
only files that were confirmed to be uploaded can be removed from device
6. UX should be VERY simple.
*no need for user to see log of recorded calls or to be able to play it.
*user need to be informed of any errors, or when app can’t record due to tech limitations (eg: BT attached). so he knows when something wrong. Error log *should be emailed/posted back to developer.
*Disable/enable recording switch
*password protect app