We are building a taxi ordering app for our local market. Something similar to Uber, taxibeat, gotaxi, etc..
We have a Minimal Viable Product version in html5 and phonegap but it is not great. We decided to go native.
The app is very simple in its 0.1 version.
It involves the following screen:
- ordering a taxi
- seeing self in map
- seeing taxi approaching
- starting the trip and seeing the car move in map to destination
- rating the trip at the end.
The same app is used by the driver and the traveller. The driver has an almost identical feature set.
All of the above is already coded in the phonegap with an AJAX/JSON backend that is already deployed.
The app currently does "polling" to talk to the server. We will introduce push notifications in the next version.
This iteration is about a rewrite of the mobile app without adding new features.
If we are satisfied with the work we will:
- add more features to the mobile app
- ask for an iphone app
- let you evolve the backend for us in .net or node.js (to be discussed after the deliverable)
This is our first experience on [url removed, login to view] so we want to start with something small and go from there.
A few features to add in this iteration:
- sign in / sing up with Facebook
- a fast app using the android best practices
- a nicely designed app. We will give you our logo and site to look at for inspiration.
- documented and reviewed source code.
- Must work on Samsugn S2, 3, 4 and 5 + Nexus 4,5 + LG
- acceptance testing.
- We will send you the current app (3-4 screens)
- We will give you access to our SVN repo. If you prefer Git we look into it.
- You will have access to a dev server to access the backend and do your tests.
- We can skype and code review as needed.
- You can do your own tests if you have two android devices.
In your proposal, it is important to have sample application. At least one sample needs to be using geo-localization and the integration of google maps.