Re-program streaming radio code to be clean and stable. Modify existing app code which is pretty messy and currently crashing. App should still play in the background and properly deal with situations like if the user is listening and receives a phone call it should pause or stop the channel and then resume when the phone call completes. If the user hit's pause there should be some type of limit of some number of minutes that is buffers, otherwise it could continue to stream/buffer indefinitely.
We will likely be adding new channels periodically so would like to see if there is an easy way to pull channel list/stream info from a file stored on our server. So if this were an XML file or something like that we could add new channels and update the stream urls if needed on the server side without having to modify the actual app code.
In addition the following adjustments in the UI
1. Minor formatting changes to individual channel pages. See attached mock-up image to see the changes.
2. Logo on channel page and donate text to link to this url:
[url removed, login to view]!openform§ion=SikhNetRadio-Android
If user touched the link or logo the mobile web browser would be launched to allow the user to make a donation.
3. Most of the live channels are relayed from other sources and have some raw titles. Can you override the "station" title with our internal channel name.
For example if you listen to channel 9 the stream info displays station as "[url removed, login to view]". We would want to not show the stream station info and instead show: "Channel 9 - Harmandir Sahib" (which is pretty much the same as the name on the channel list.
4. For live channels (9-21) hide "now playing" since this will never show any data.
5. Control to close the app. The current revision of the app doesn't have a control or option to exit the app.