I am interested in creating a database program for my trucking brokerage company. I need the following:
1) table for Customers that links to multiple jobs.
2) Job table that contains the specifics for a job: pricing (job rate, sub rate, driver rate), fuel surcharge (adds on to job rate and sub rate), general mileage (NJ & PA) and description of job.
3) Subcontractor table: basic details in access template plus tax id number, wc ins exp date and liability ins exp date. The ID number must be large as this will be used to identify each truck (some companies have more than one truck – I am ok with a system that allows me to list truck nos that will be in a serial number for each company) Those numbers cannot repeat.
4) I then need a manifest table (I think) or an item table where I can list the date of service, manifest numbers and the tonnage/loads. The manifests must connect to a job and subcontractor (many manifests for 1 job and many manifests for one subcontractor). I would also need a billing date which would then connect to the Invoice date
5) Invoice: The invoice would include the basic invoice details (invoice #, Customer, Job, Manifests for the job listed and one billing date) I can have this in the form of a report
6) I also need a report itemizing what is owed to each subcontractor for the job in the billing week.
7) The info will then be transferred to Excel to ultimately go into quickbooks.
Any easier way to get me all this data would be appreciated. I would love to put it online and make it loof like the northwind sample project access has to know who has edited. Only one-2 persons will be on the program at the same time. Please let me know if you do this and the cost at your earliest convenience.