We require simple Bolt tension/compression calculator which uses bolt diameter, thread pitch, input torque etcetera as variables, preferably in an well known spread--sheet pro--gram.
The basic objective is to be able calculate bolt tension/compression (in N and kN) and minimum thread length required with the following
**** input variables,
* Thread diameter
* Thread pitch (Dropdown for single start ISO Metric, ACME, UN, UNC, UNF etcetera thread forms)
* Input torque, (Nm)
* Material grade, (Dropdown for Bolt material Grades 4.4 to 12.9 and particularly B7)
* Friction Coefficient (Dropdown for Lubricated, Dry, Zinc coated, PTFE coated)
* FOS (in % of Yield)
* and others that will make a significant contribution to the output.
*** Output Data
* Tension/Compression Force (N kN)
* Stress (Mpa)
* Minimum recommended thread engagement length (this is optional)
This is essentially a thread sizing/selection tool for the early design phase of a mechanical assembly.
The well known spread--sheet pro--gram would output numerical values as a minimum with Grap-hical representation being a nice to have
The person best suited for this work will be a qualified Engineer or PHD who has an in-depth knowledge of threaded bolting, fastener and lead screw systems and force/torque calculation of same.
The person will also have a good knowledge of calculation in the well known spread--sheet pro--gram.
For security, verification and auditing the well known spread--sheet pro--gram shall be unlocked, not employ V-B-A or mac-ros.
A possible (but not guaranteed) follow on of this work will be a conventional fastener calculation that will then be subject to third-party verification.
Any questions and or suggestions, please feel free to ask.
Note : Sorry have used hyphened words to get the freelancer algorithm to focus the search