We are a startup which plans to deliver payload to orbit with a reusable vehicle. We are looking for an engineer to model the thermal protection system and do reentry simulations.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- model the thermal protection system and do heat transfer calculations with both low and high fidelity models;
- collaborate with the GNC engineers to establish requirements and constraints regarding the reentry trajectory;
- evaluate different conceptual ideas in terms of thermal protection systems
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- good understanding of mass and heat transfer concepts, compressible fluid dynamics, shockwaves and boundary layer interaction
- good knowledge of material science, especially in the area of refractory materials
- to be able to use various computational tools like Ansys, Matlab etc. in order to perform the necessary calculations
Further details about the project and the position will be given after an NDA is signed.
22 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $245/timen for dette job
Hello, I am a professional CAD CAM and CAE design engineer. I am expert in Ansys as well as abaqus. I can help you. I hope you contact me as soon as possible. Thankyou regards