Request for Proposal: Market Research Analysis
RFP Responses: Please send responses in electronic format no later than March 31, 2011. Only complete responses will be considered.
Background: We are preparing to launch an array of telecommunication services through a new company brand.
Objectives: The goal is to identify the target markets most receptive to products/services on offer and how to combine/price packages that will meet the targets’ needs.
Geographic Scope: U.S., Canada, Australia
Scope of Work: The successful firm or person will conduct a retail assessment of the designated markets, identify the target markets which will be the most amenable to our company’s products and services, and produce a report delineating findings and making recommendations for product and service packages and pricing as well as strategies for meeting the needs of the identified targets.
The firm or person selected will be expected to address the following concerns and issues:
1. Overall analysis of retail potential for up to five (5) target groups in selected market. Factors to be considered must include, but are not limited to:
• Psychographic analysis
• Demand for retail products and services
• Existing retail and retail trends in the trade area
• Growth plans and relevant developments
• Retail goals
2. Determine psychographic profile of each target group studied.
3. Assess the retail trade potential for each target group studied.
4. List product and service packages and pricing that match target groups’ psychographic profiles.
5. Provide recommended marketing strategies for each identified target group.
Methodology: We are open to professional recommendations for methodology. In your proposal, please clearly explain how your recommended methodology will address project goals.
Qualifications: Please provide the following information about yourself or your firm:
1. You or your firm’s relevant experience
2. A summary of your ability to provide the services enumerated in the RFP as well as examples of your experience with similar projects
3. A list of references for similar projects. Please include a contact name, address, telephone number and e-mail address for each reference listed.
4. Biographies of proposed project staff
5. Details of project quality assurance and after-report support
Pricing: Please state as a total fee which includes cost of service and all other costs associated with completion of the analysis, including an option for a rollout in phases by geography as follows:
• Phase 1: U.S.
• Phase 2: Canada
• Phase 3: Australia
Timeline: Our plan is to select a supplier by April 8 and kickoff by April 11. Given this start plan, please provide a timeline for deliverables of the project, with a specific date of final completion. Please provide two scenarios:
a. Assuming all 3 countries (phases) will be combined into one
b. Assuming that we start with U.S. only