We are in the very beginning stages of starting a" Primal Snack Food" business.
Just in case you are unaware of the paleo/primal thing - it's basically avoiding processed foods/grains and sugars. Trying to somewhat emulate the way our ancestors ate. Anyway....
We have a couple names but can't decide which way to go so wondered if you could come up with a few ideas for us? Maybe you might want to google [url removed, login to view] paleo to get an idea of other designs??
Our name ideas -
1 -Primal Hunger
( tag) - From our Cave to Yours
2 - Primal Provisions
( Tag) - Get Real
If you are interested I would love to hear from you.
Below I've copied some of our objectives , if this is of any help?
• To create a range of semi-perishable (?) snack products that appeal to the paleo community.
• To create a range of items that are so delicious that non-paleo/primal eaters will happily eat them as well.
• To build a brand known for its quality and ethics.
• To be a credible source of information about healthy eating.
• To support a growing movement of health-conscious people who are concerned about where their food comes from, how it is produced/grown and the process to get it to the table.
• To draw sufficient income to support both of us towards retirement goals without having to work in the business full time
• To have fun and love our work!
To create a business that jumps on the growing ‘trend’ of paleo/primal eaters, and one that we love to work in and can grow to be very profitable.
Quality ingredients No processed foods. Ever. Only natural foods will be used and where possible we will source locally, spray free and Fair Trade ingredients. Organic will be an option in the range.
Taste is key Food must be delicious and appeal to ‘non-paleo’ as well
Quality over price We will not sacrifice quality to win a contract. If the customer is making their decision based purely on price, they are not our target audience.
Environmentally Unless absolutely essential for sanitation or freshness, we will not
Conscious use plastic or other non-biodegradable materials in the packaging, presentation or preparation of our products.
Inspiring We will lead by example by leading a healthy life and projecting a natural, healthy image that reflects the benefits of eating products such as ours.
Education We will provide information to keep customers informed about smart choices for a healthy lifestyle that includes eating whole, natural foods.
“Cool” This is not about eating bird seed but also not about eating our body weight in bacon every day. We will help take a paleo-style of eating out of the fringe and make it accessible and mainstream for everyone
• Professional but fun
• Accessible, everyday people
We stand for:
• Natural, real food
• Eating seasonally and locally
• Having energy and enthusiasm for life
• A hedonistic lifestyle that includes eating delicious food
• Disease-free, healthy living
• Respecting nature, including the food it produces
• Respecting our bodies and what they need to function to their optimal level
• Enjoying our work
• Not compromising on quality for price
We stand against:
• Processed foods
• Conventional thinking about health and nutrition!
• Excessive packaging and waste