Create Linux driver for Lubuntu on x64 platform to add support for custom board.
The board includes 4 GPIO chips (Intel 82C55), 2x20 character LCD interface and 4 analog inputs. The board is connected to the CPU via 8-bit ISA bus interface and mapped into I/O space starting at address 0xFF00 with 32 registers.
Expectations / Deliverables:
- Device driver must register itself in Linux and accessible under /dev
- Provide access to the device I/O registers or expose it as memory-mapped I/O
- Work with Linux Lubuntu x64 distribution
- Quick documentation about the driver architecture and API
- A fully working sample program utilizing the driver
- Source code for the driver
What will be supplied for this project by us:
- Existing DOS C code for this board will be provided as an example of a working implementation
- Detailed description of the board's hardware registers map
- Remote access to a PC with the target GPIO board for testing and demonstration
Please submit a request if you need additional information.
9 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $149 på dette job
I am Linux Kernel Engineer. I've been working with GPIO memory mapped devices, PCIe devices, DMA, System calls hooking, and so on. Worked on these microcontrollers/cpu's: 68K, PPC, Arm