Bootlin ([login to view URL]) is an engineering company specializing in embedded Linux, and passionate about Free Software and Open Source. Our company is often in the top 20 contributors to the Linux kernel by the way!
We currently allow our customers to share files with us through an ftp serveur (using vsftpd), but this can be complicated for some of them to use an ftp client. Therefore, we want to use a technology that is easier to use, while providing data privacy guaranties. That's why we have selected LUFI for the job: [login to view URL]
Here is an example of LUFI in action: [login to view URL] (see the attached screenshot too)
Here is a description of the project:
- We will provide you with a VM with Ubuntu 16.04 to configure, corresponding to the [login to view URL] subdomain. Access will be done through SSH. The 443 tcp port will be open for https, as well as 80 and 8080 temporarily for testing.
- We will also include an SSL certificate so that the service can be accessed through https
- You will be given a logo and mascot to customize the front page
Here are expected deliverables:
- Fully functional service (through https)
- Keep standard options whenever possible in lufi.conf. The database should be sqlite. We don't need to enable e-mail delivery.
- The site should be password protected by default (we don't want to make this a public service).
- The front page should be customized in a simple way using our logo and mascot. A simple design should be sufficient.
- Documentation in a plain text file, detailing:
- The series of steps to run if we want to install the service again on another VM
- Non default settings that were chosen and the reasons why.
- How to update the password and customize the front page
- Known issues and issues encountered while installing and configuring the service (which explain why some choices were made)
- The project will be considered as completed when functional and security issues (for example, running the web server as root) are addressed. Of course, this doesn't apply to bugs in the LUFI code itself.
We expect this project to take between 2 or 4 hours, depending on the number of unexpected issues and given an average level of experience.
This is a first project to try outsourcing some of our system administration work. Another (and bigger) project will be to move our website content from WordPress to static content generated by Pelican ([login to view URL]) and managed through a git repository. We will have other system administration tasks too.
Skills for this task
- Linux system administration experience ; installing and configuring software
- Familiarity with rules for keeping a server secure
Criteria that we will use to select a freelancer
- While not required, we have a preference for people who are active contributors to the open-source community (through presentations, documentation, help in forums or mailing lists, bug reports and code contributions).
- Skills for technical documentation are appreciated too (we are not talking about presentation skills, but writing ones, as we would like documentation to be in plain text).
14 freelancere byder i gennemsnit €123 på dette job
I am Linux and Devops SME having vast experience in Linux systems and many tools and technologies. I will be available to help you during weekends. I can be also flexible based on your needs.
Worked as a Linux System administrator and integrator, extensive experience with virtual environments. Please check the offer and if you like it we can start working.