This will be a small website running MAYAN EDMS. MAYAN EDMS is a documents records management system that will allow users to have an account to sign in--this is a feature built into MAYAN EDMS and I can configure the users and their passwords myself from the web interface. Once users are logged in, they may view, download, search, and do many other things related to electronic document management.
What is MAYAN EDMS?
MAYAN EDMS is an electronic document management system. It's to be used by users similar to Box.com. You can upload and host hundreds of PDF files and other documents, and MAYAN will allow users to login, search documents in the collection, view documents, and download documents, and collaborate on projects involving the stored documents.
Here is more information about MAYAN, how to install, etc:
* Installation with Docker: [login to view URL]
* Deployment methods wiki: [login to view URL]
* Documentation: [login to view URL]
* Videos: [login to view URL]
* Website: [login to view URL]
* Demo: [login to view URL]
* Download: [login to view URL]
1) I need a tech/dev competent with Linux with experience using 'Docker' to install the open source electronic document management system MAYAN on my DigitalOcean account.
2) I also need my developer to install and configure an FTP server on the DigitalOcean account so I can FTP into the server to upload documents. MAYAN will be configured to crawl the upload folder to add documents that I upload into it's database. The 'watch folder' (or upload folder) is automatically crawled by MAYAN, note that one FAQ states to 'Make sure that the Celery BEAT scheduler is running correctly as it is the element that triggers the periodics tasks' so you'll want to ensure that is running so that MAYAN will continue to crawl the 'watch folder' (upload folder)
3) I will also need the project developer to configure password reset emails from MAYAN to users.
From the documentation:
"To use the password reset feature, administrative emails need to be configured. To be able to send password reset emails configure the Django email settings via the configuration file."
So my developer will need to configure the Django email settings so that users can receive password reset emails.
4) I have a domain already. I want things setup on DigitalOcean so that when the user visits [mydomain].net, they will read an [login to view URL] file. I will provide this [login to view URL] file. It is just going to be a landing page, with a logo on it. Below the logo will be a hyperlink that will take the user to the landing page for the MAYAN EDMS page. We want the visitor of [MYDOMAIN].net to have to click a link before reaching the MAYAN EDMS interface.
I have tried the MAYAN EDMS demo myself, and am confident I can setup the various rules/groups/users settings myself. The configuration on the MAYAN EDMS landing page for the admin user is very user friendly and therefore I won't have to do much from the command line after it's installed.
What I do need help with is the installation and configuration of some parts as described in the project requirements above.
Based on the MAYAN documentation and demo, installation of this software should take my developer less than an hour to complete.
It's very easily completed via Docker, and then only minor work needs to be done to setup my FTP server and to configure MAYAN's password reset emails feature by editing the Django email settings via the configuration file.
If you have experience with command line Linux, Docker, and the host DigitalOcean, you might be the right person for this easy project.