DoorFlow provides a SaaS-based Door Access Control System for Co-working Spaces, Offices, and Sports Clubs. We are an 11-year old remote-first company from the UK with a team of 13 spread over the world.
DoorFlow supports secure cards, key-fobs, pin codes or mobile access methods and works with hardware from leading access control brands. Our mobile app allows for "fob-less" entry (Bluetooth LE, NFC etc). Key to the ease of use of our solution is the integration with existing employee/student/member software solutions and efficient workflows.
About the job
As our first DevOps System Administrator, you will help design, build and maintain an infrastructure that is reliable, flexible and secure. Our solution is a SaaS software deployed in the Digital Ocean Cloud. We are growing a lot and our infrastructure is becoming more complex. Our customers are worldwide and our application is global.
As part of the team, you will work in tight cooperation with the development team to ensure the correct deployment and maintenance of applications.
This is a freelance remote role for 8-12 hrs per week initially. On top of your hourly rate, there is a monthly flat payment for you to be a standby in case of outages (except of course during your scheduled holidays).
We are looking for a smart, enthusiast and highly skilled candidates who are passionate about application release, deployment, and maintenance.
You are responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that keep the infrastructure running smoothly.
This long term position requires you to have hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation/management and continuous deployment.
- Manage our cloud infrastructure
- Partner with development teams to ensure automated testing, and software deployments are successful
- Work closely with hosting companies and data centers to ensure and improve service delivery
- Maintain and improve system/infra automation and management tools
- Setup/monitor/ test backup processes
- Work together with the "front line" developer on production incidents
- Monitor systems health (performance, uptime) and security. Ensure SLAs are met or exceeded
- Create infra and workflow documentation when needed, on your own initiative
- Provide 2nd line technical support for all aspects of the infrastructure.
- Ensure that all cloud solutions follow security best practices (i.e. encryption)
- Help us professionalise our entire DevOps approach both technically and process-wise
- Preferably at least 3-4 years of Devops experience and you are skilled in setting up dev ops tools and processes from scratch.
- At least 6 months experience with Codeship CI and Ansible (that we use).
- At least 6 months experience with Passenger & NGinx application servers
- At least 4-year experience working with Linux (command line) and Linux system administration - and configuration tools
- Strong knowledge of PostgreSQL and database administration, including Always On
- You worked in an environment with at least a 99% uptime requirement. Knowledge of best practices for IT operations in an always-on, always-available service model
- You have 2+ years of strong experience with more traditional cloud hosting services like Digital Ocean as we use (i.e. Heroku would also do)
- Knowledge of networking engineering, including DNS, Active Directory, firewalls, load balancers
- Knowledge of containers (i..e Docker)
- At least 6 months experience with GitHub
- Ability to work in a team, collaborate well and create well-organized documentation
- Generally able to work on high priority tasks/issues within 24 hours
- Available to work outside office hours during emergencies and outages.
Please answer the attached screening questions.
31 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $22/time for dette job
Hi I am experienced linux developer and administrator who have 10 years experience. I think I am just fit to your requirements. I would like to work for your company. Thanks Best regards.
I am A Red Hat Certified System Administrator and A Certified Engineer as well, I am Even Certified in Openshift and Ansible, I have been into hardcore DevOps Since a year, and I think I fit the bill for this job.
Hello. If you needs Erlang specialist i can help you with all aspects of Erlang development. My github account is: [login to view URL] I have nore 7 years of experience in Erlang. Regards, Sergey