Linux/Red Hat Administrator
Ideal candidate will be highly skilled in a RHEL environment and will have a good working knowledge of other Unix based OS models. Being well versed in at least one Unix language is required, while having experience with many of the applicable languages is a huge plus.
Primary Position Responsibilities
• Administration of the Redhat 5.x and Rehat 6.x Operating System
• Linux OS performance troubleshooting and support
• On-call support and administration to systems other than RHEL: Linux, Solaris and AIX
• Scripting Using Common Unix Languages - perl, ksh, bash, awk, sed
• A global team required to cross administer, implement, support, and troubleshoot complex problems in the following environments: Solaris, Linux, and AIX.
• Implementing on-going infrastructure maintenance and improvements, including off-hours activities following the client’s change management procedures
• Participate in a 8 hour, 5 day per week and a 12 hour, 2 day per weekend, on-call support rotation
• Participate in and/or manage small to medium sized projects
• 3+ years experience with managing/maintaining a Red Hat Linux environment
• 3+ years writing server automation/scripting
• Linux 5.x, Linux 6.x system utilities for performance monitoring
• Ability to troubleshoot in a complex distributed environment containing over 1000 servers and over 1000 users, running more than one base operating system.
• Knowledge and experience with Unix Services/Utilities (NFS, SSH, LDAP, rsync, sendmail)
• Knowledge and experience with Networking (TCP/IP, Ethernet, DHCP, DNS, LACP)
• Ability to participate and contribute to a strong, supportive team environment
• Solid analytical skills and the desire to gain further experience in multiple technologies
• Enthusiastic and self-starter
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience
• Familiarity with change management in a complex hosting environment
• Understanding of configuration management
• Knowledge of Active Directory and related security architectures
• Project management skills and the demonstrated ability to drive for results.
• A strong candidate will also possess understanding of Solaris and AIX.
This position will be on site in the Midwest US for an extended period of time.
31 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $33/time for dette job
Hello, I have 10+ years of experience in Programming(Python, shell scripts, PHP, Java, C/C++) and Linux administration. Currently I am managing more than 20 servers in Amazon AWS.