Linux/Red Hat Administrator
Ideal candidate will be highly skilled in a RHEL environment and will have a good working knowledge of other Unix based OS models. Being well versed in at least one Unix language is required, while having experience with many of the applicable languages is a huge plus.
Primary Position Responsibilities
• Administration of the Redhat 5.x and Rehat 6.x Operating System
• Linux OS performance troubleshooting and support
• On-call support and administration to systems other than RHEL: Linux, Solaris and AIX
• Scripting Using Common Unix Languages - perl, ksh, bash, awk, sed
• A global team required to cross administer, implement, support, and troubleshoot complex problems in the following environments: Solaris, Linux, and AIX.
• Implementing on-going infrastructure maintenance and improvements, including off-hours activities following the client’s change management procedures
• Participate in a 8 hour, 5 day per week and a 12 hour, 2 day per weekend, on-call support rotation
• Participate in and/or manage small to medium sized projects
• 3+ years experience with managing/maintaining a Red Hat Linux environment
• 3+ years writing server automation/scripting
• Linux 5.x, Linux 6.x system utilities for performance monitoring
• Ability to troubleshoot in a complex distributed environment containing over 1000 servers and over 1000 users, running more than one base operating system.
• Knowledge and experience with Unix Services/Utilities (NFS, SSH, LDAP, rsync, sendmail)
• Knowledge and experience with Networking (TCP/IP, Ethernet, DHCP, DNS, LACP)
• Ability to participate and contribute to a strong, supportive team environment
• Solid analytical skills and the desire to gain further experience in multiple technologies
• Enthusiastic and self-starter
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience
• Familiarity with change management in a complex hosting environment
• Understanding of configuration management
• Knowledge of Active Directory and related security architectures
• Project management skills and the demonstrated ability to drive for results.
• A strong candidate will also possess understanding of Solaris and AIX.
This position will be on site in the Midwest US for an extended period of time.
32 freelancers are bidding on average $33/hour for this job
Hello, I have 10+ years of experience in Programming(Python, shell scripts, PHP, Java, C/C++) and Linux administration. Currently I am managing more than 20 servers in Amazon AWS.