I need an experienced and pacient person to teach me how to configure a VPS (Debian) and install a XMPP server.
I already bought a VPS plan (with a IP) and a web domain. Also I got a Comodo SSL certificate (90 days trial). Here is what I need:
- Update Debian packages (apache, etc);
- Install some free manager panel (optional - only if make things easier);
- Install web hosting needed packages (PHP, MySQL, phpMyAdmin, etc);
- Install a lightweight XMPP server (Prosody? Openfire?);
- Configure both apache and XMPP server to accept SSL connections;
- Configure XMPP server for suit my needs (I can explain in PM);
- Make tests to check if everything is working.
My idea is to give remote access to my computer, where you will have all the informations (login, passwords, domain, etc.) to do the job. I also need that you inform every main steps, for me to understand. Something like: "Now I will update Debian packages", "Now I will install MySQL", etc.
I do NOT plan to become a server administrator, I ONLY need specific informations to maintain my own VPS.
PS. I have minimal knowledge about the process, and maybe have missed some important step (like to buy an extra IP). We need to check this before start the job.
8 freelancers are bidding on average $135 for this job
Hello I can help you with the install of your server and can definitely help you with a list of commands Please pm me if you want to speak more many thanks Gary M
Hi there, I have done this for myself last year, I set up openfire on my amazon server. I can do this for you and provide you with each step from start to finish. I would enjoy helping someone else set this up.