Here is the big picture.
Our site (using Joomla) wants to allow athletes to "challenge" one another in a social network (JomSocial). (example. I bet I can do 100 pushups faster than you can)
Similar site: [url removed, login to view]
Challenges will be won based on fastest time or by high/low score. (time on 100 pushups)
Additionally I want to integrate points (to award winners). (I bet you 5 points).. OR (if you can do 100 pushups in 6 minutes, you get 5 points)
from a systems perspective we've got a few components:
- user profiles: ALREADY DONE VIA JOMSOCIAL
- relationships (follows or friendships): ALREADY DONE VIA JOMSOCIAL
- awards system to account for badges (won 3 in a row, challenged against all 50 states, etc.): ALPHAPOINTS
WHAT I NEED:
- 'challenge' pages to allow for challenges on the front end.
- show event details, profiles, photos/video, who won, who lost, the bet, etc. (SEE EXAMPLE WEBSITE)
- email integration to increase viral nature (invite a friend to challenge via email, etc.)
- leaderboard features and ability to explore/find other people by traits
- store functionality to purchase packs of "points"
- payments integration
- accounting system tied to users to keep track of coins purchased,spent, won, lost
- video compare so i can see if you cheated at the 100 pushup example...