We're looking for a prototype of a multi column layout. Currently we're considering migrating an existing Ruby on Rails project into either Adobe Flex or Sproutcore. So this is a part of our internal research into either platform.
Our preference is for Sproutcore, but our main consideration is cost and developer productivity. So we've attached a flex prototype that took about 1.5 hours and $30 USD to accomplish. This included setting up a git repository, creating the application and compiling for this Guru job posting.
The budget for Sproutcore is $75 USD, and we're hoping won't take longer than 2.5 hours. We're interested in hearing whether our expectations are accurate. So, please bid your estimated cost.
We'll be looking for the following:
- ability to set a fixed height and width on the application (800x600 in sample)
- should be able to resize the application
- columns should resize with the application
- should be able to add a new column into the horizontal layout from the toggle button
- should be able to remove a column from the horizontal layout and update the toggle button state via the toggle button
- should be able to remove a column from the horizontal layout and update the toggle button state via the column
- should be able to drag and drop items with the application
- the appearance should be the same as the sample
The flex application prototype will serve as our acceptance criteria for the project.
If the development costs are reasonable, we will likely pursue a project in Sproutcore, and will require your involvement