BIDDERS PLEASE NOTE CHANGE IN PROJECT REQUIREMENTS BELOW. PLEASE CHECK YOUR BID AND CONFIRM
[login to view URL]
Project detail and Work needed.
This website was designed over 10 years ago. Internal code is in ASP, with old microsoft databases. It is for the card game Bridge, and it allows 2 people to practice the auction part of Bridge to determine how many tricks they expect to make, and what suit will be trumps.
Bridge is a partnership game, and the communication during this phase of the game is critical to their success.
The website is designed so that each partner can be on and making their bids in the auction without the other partner being on at the same time. Databases keep track the bids, and present them to the next player each time they sign on.
The sign on by user id and password, is only needed to know who is on so that they get their own information. There is no big need for security.
The first thing a user sees, is a home page, and if they have an active with their partner, they will see a data line on their home page that has this “series”. They then select “Add bids”, and start and add their bids in the Bridge auction. As they finish each bid, they select “Next Bid”, and they move to the next hand where they have a bid to make. When they have finished all their bids, they select “Finished”, and the system returns them to their home page, and an email is sent to the other player advising them it is their turn to bid.
What needs to be done:
The items that need to be done do not require a knowledge of Bridge or the detailed workings of the website.
1. The website crashes frequently, and most of that I believe is due to not working on several Browsers properly. I would like it to work on Safari, Firefox (mac and Windows), Internet explorer and Chrome.
a. Milestones are over 10 sign on attempts from each of these browsers without an error.
2. The system frequently ejects the user, this may be either the Browser fault, and item 1 may mostly fix it, or an inactivity timer issue. However, I would like to ensure that a user is not ejected unless there has been over 3 hours of inactivity after they have signed on. I would also like to have noted where the “3 hour” piece of code is in the program, so that I can go in and modify it at any time.
a. Milestone is signing on a user, and after 2 hours continuing with some bidding, or action on new pages within the website.
3. There are several places where emails are supposed to be sent out by the system to the players during a “series”. This happens when:
• A new series is set up and activated
• A round of bidding has been indicated as “Finished”
• When an additional notification is selected (from home page)
Unfortunately, these emails are not going out. This could be for a couple of reasons. The first is just server upgrades, and settings changing how the email system works. The second could be a problem due to a temporary website name I had to use to keep the website working. At one time, I had to use Bridgepracticebid when it now should be Bridgebidpractice.
a. Milestone is ensuring emails go out when starting a new series, when finishing a series, and when selecting send notification to.
To see the website working, you can sign on as brave3, password A123. You will not get any of the emails. I will get them if they are working.
7 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $179 på dette job
I have vast experience in classic asp. I will solve your problem of running your web site in different browser smoothly. I will solve the problem quickly. Lets discuss and start the work