I need some help to create a Windows Store “translation” app for learners of Chinese. Of course, you do not have to know Chinese to create it. Essentially the app uses the Microsoft OCR component to read some Chinese characters out of e. g. Youtube video and then calls a web service to translate it. The OCR library does all the hard OCR work. There is no OCR knowledge required for this project.
I attach a mockup of the app. The top part of the app is simply a webview control.
How is this used?
Assume a learner of Chinese wants to watch a movie like [url removed, login to view]
In this app he will
1. Enter the url of video, start/stop the video (all on the embedded website). If he needs a translation, he will
2. Mark the area where the Chinese characters appear
3. Press “Do OCR” button
This button will trigger the OCR process, and then input its output to Yandex for a translation. It will also do a simple Chinese character -> Pinyin conversion (there is code for that available, too, see below). So essentially the app combines, OCR, pinyin conversion and translation in one convenient package.
Components you will use:
(1) Microsoft OCR
[url removed, login to view]
Of course, sometimes OCR will miss some characters, this is ok and not your problem.
(2) Yandex translate - [url removed, login to view]
(3) Chinese characters to pinyin (simple mapping, all special cases can be ignored): [url removed, login to view]
=> In your bid, please let me know which approach you prefer and why.
1. The Windows Store App, ready to submit to the Windows store
2. Full source code, the project must be delivered as VS2013 project with all required files and compile without warnings. Please comment your code well.
3. The app must pass the “Windows App Certification Kit” tests
4. Operating system: Win 8.1 and Win 10 (latest tech preview)
5. App runs in all Windows language versions (app itself is in English, but should also run ok on e. g. French or Russian version of Windows).
7 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $206 på dette job
i have already an app with similar feature, working with japanese: [login to view URL] (not publish yet) choose me and i will do it from 2 to 8 hours.