I'm looking for a developer to work on a business mapping application for me. What we need is:
* a fleet management tool that
* will consume 2 data streams
1. XML web service giving lat/long location of our 15 (and rising) vehicles
2. UK postcodes locations each vehicle will visit on day in question from SQL DB in our offices (can be accessed remotely, preferably through a .net API or locally via the DB backend). On average 5 locations per vehicle but frequently more
* will plot the data as pushpins or similar on a map that also shows certain fixed data (territories we cover which are defined by postcode and locations of facilities our vehicles use on a daily basis)
* will update vehicle locations automatically
* will update job locations as jobs are completed and status is changed in our DB
* will offer very clear mapping for users - so they can see at a glance the location of each vehicle in relation to its jobs (and in relation to all the other vehicles and their jobs). The reason for developing this is to make life easier for our dispatchers, not for them to spend hours trying to distinguish between similar looking pushpins!
* can be used by several people (currently 4, all in one location) simultaneously
We are not yet decided on which platform to use but are open to expert guidance. We currently use Mappoint Europe 2004 client because our logistics software links with it and it is very easy for our staff to update territories and add pins to the map. That said the geocoding (for UK postcodes which is where we operate) can bit a bit dodgy and the mapping is not as clear as most web services.
Because we are currently use Mappoint (and have lots of user licenses) there's momentum within the company to continue using it - but if a developer can show us why their suggestion will work better I'd be happy to consider it. So web-based solutions are definitely something we would consider.
What I'm looking for in a developer is:
* someone who can demonstrate something very similar they have done recently
* someone who is available to start work on this in the near future (ie ideally within 6 weeks, sooner is better)
If you are developer and want more information on this project please email alastair at anyjunk dot co dot uk. Any suggestions of other places where I should look would also be much appreciated.
2 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $1400 for dette job
Using Google maps could of been an option in your project (if accurate in the UK),but keeping with work process would be more important when adding new software.