The project is to create a program that will help us be more efficient. Basically, this seems like something any freeware can already do, such as PDF Sam, or [url removed, login to view]
Unfortunately, there are some extra features we want.
- we want to rename each split file according to the tag. But here is the problem: the actual name is not necessarily inside the tag! i.e. name of tag is : AGL Energy. We want to rename it according to its stock code: AGK. We have an excel file of the stock code tag name relationship
- if a new company lists on the stock exchange, then we want the ability to add this "stock code - tag name" relationship to the program. We want the program to be CUSTOMIZABLE.
We are very good and patient communicators.
Every week, we receive a hundred PDFs with multiple pages, from different stock brokers such as CS, BP, GSJBW, Macquarie etc. The PDFs are divided by tags or headings.
The PDFs are named in the format: broker date. The first part relates to the broker. The second part is the date. CS 02032010
So, let say we have two PDFs, named CS 02032010 and GSJBW 04032010 respectively
We want someone to create a program that can do all of the following:
1) Load multiple PDF files, each of whom is already divided by tags.
2) For each PDF file, automatically split it by tags
3) Rename each split file according to the stock code which it refers to. This is determined by the tag name i.e. stock code broker date
The stock code is NOT in the tag name!
We have an excel file which matches a tag name with a specific stock code.
Some broker reports have slightly different tag names for the same stock code i.e. CS would have a tag AGL Energy [url removed, login to view] AGK AU, while GSJBW would have the tag AGL Energy. We want the stock code to be AGK. The split file name we would be AGK CS 02032010 or AGK GSJBW 04032010.
Another broker might tag their AGL report as AGL Limited, Another might tag it as just AGL. And the stock code would be AGK. Either way, we have noticed that the first, or first and second words, in the tags are usually the same across all brokers. There are up to 10 brokers in total, with different naming conventions.
4) For those split files for which the tags do not match any stock code, we want the split file to be named tag name broker date e.g. Global Gold Equities Review CS 02032010 or NZ Market Summary CS 02032010
5) We also want to be able to load multiple PDFs at once, to do steps 1 2 3 for all of them, within one click of the button
6) Lets say the company AGL changes its name to Super Gas Company. The broker tag for this company may change to Super Gas, but the stock code may, or may not, remain "AGK." We want to have the ability to adjust the program ourselves to cater to this change! See last page of attached document.
Hi, I'm a professional developer with a lot of experience in creating custom-made tools for Acrobat (google my handle...), and I can do this quickly and professionally. Contact me to discuss it further.
12 freelancers are bidding on average $556 for this job
Hi, I can create the program for windows desktop using perl script that will split pdf according to stock codes. I have done similar work with torrents. Kunal