Web Support/Development Position
This is a long-term position for a website developer/tech support person for a web hosting company that is in development, which hosts customers using our proprietary CMS/development platform that is accessed through a browser. The system allows non-technical people to manage website content, and those with basic HTML skills to "program" complex Web applications. You would be working with me and interacting with our customers and programmers as needed, taking over many of the tasks that I have been doing part time and expanding it into a full time position. This includes interacting with customers to build or assist in building and maintaining their websites and Web applications, as well as troubleshooting support issues with assistance from me and the programmers. Also, you will be assisting in developing content for a help system and documentation for the software. For all of these reasons, you will need to learn our software.
Because we are in development and funds are very limited, I need someone who can work a lot of hours cheaply, with the expectation that your compensation will grow as the company solidifies. I can pay $150/week over the next six months, hopefully more as we complete the software and begin to seriously promote ourselves. I see two scenarios - either someone who lives in a country where this is a reasonable wage, or someone in the US who is interested in investing time with our company in exchange for ownership/profit sharing.
- High degree of Honesty and Integrity
- Excellent written and spoken English (this job will be mostly over email and IM, but there may be some phone support required)
- Creative, excellent problem solver, quick learner
- Able to work independently and take initiative, but still work within a team
- Good knowledge of Linux, experience working within a command line environment
- Clear understanding of Web mechanics (DNS, mailserver, etc.)
- Very good with customers within the support and development environments
- Experience with SEO optimization
- Good with Dreamweaver and Photoshop - website design skills are helpful but not required, but you will need to be able to take a Photoshop mockup, chop it up, compress each image appropriately, and set it up as a page template.
- High-speed Internet access (DSL, cable, etc) at least part of the time - there are aspects of this job that can't be done reasonably over dialup.
- Some hours of availability during work hours in my time zone (EST/EDT).
Please PM me for further details.
19 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $152 for dette job
I m a CS grad from Univ of Southern California, I also have a good experience in Web Development. You can review my profile and i would like to work with you on per week bases.