Similar to a component on [url removed, login to view]
In the middle of the page is an "upcoming events" type of 'component'. Obviously they're not using Joomla, but we need a Joomla native component to be built that directly resembles their 'component'.
Here is our final feature list for this component.
- Rotate through the various upcoming events specified in the back end. Loops.
- If any of the upcoming events are clicked, you would be brought to a news page related to that upcoming events (specified in the back end).
- A top menu that displays from 1 - 6 headings (specified from the back end).
- The ability to modify all options from a frontend administration (the same as we did with the Homework component.)
- A 'fix' to get around the current double-click issue that Microsoft has implemented for flash items ? (Microsoft has done something with flash, and more specifically ActiveX that disallows flash components to be directly interacted with. If you use an updated windows you'll notice that all Flash items now require a single click on them before you can begin interacting with them. There are several fixes for this type of thing out there from what I understand.)
Back end & FrontEnd Admin:
- Ability to specify a Height x Width for the installation of the Upcoming Events component. All uploaded upcoming event photographs would need to conform to that set height and width.
- Be able to specify different categories (up to a total of 6) for the menu that appears on the front end.
- Be able to specify more than one photo/item for each category if the user desires.
- Specify length that each upcoming event is displayed for.
- Specify A background category/link/color/Title/Description/And date/time for each event that is also displayed in the front end (just like [url removed, login to view] displays their information). For the Link, the user should be able to pick from a pop-up (or something) list of all the articles on the website instead of having to enter it manually.