For In depth
- Must provide an admin page for the website wherein all the website’s functions can be administered by the site Administrator.
- Must have user logins, user database storage (it stores user name, address, contact details and products purchased). (Must prepare the system for future implementation of this function)
- Must have facebook, twitter link. (Must prepare the system for future implementation of this function)
- Must provide user admin page where buyer and seller can administer all account related functionalities.
- Broad product/keyword search system in English.
- URL search system 100% integrated with [login to view URL] [refer for Taobao APIs [login to view URL] (use google translator)].
- Website language interface: English
- Automatic English translation for all product specs (ex. color, size, material, etc.)
- Automatic price currency conversion with automatic markup of agent commission.
- Seller info, feedbacks, etc. 100% integrated with [login to view URL] database.
- Advanced shopping cart management system. (For buyers).
- Automatic shipping cost calculator per shipping option/ courier (ex. DHL, EMS, consolidated ocean shipping) – China to Manila.
- Automatic shipping cost calculator per shipping option/ courier –manila to Manila/Luzon/ Visayas/ Mindanao.
- Flexible back-office solution for sellers and buyer.
- Advanced payment system (including paypal integration and gcash)
- Must be able to mimic [login to view URL] website’s functions.
- Must design a website that has room for modular expansion (Adding of functions/modules) using the ruby on rails web application framework. Future expansion should be able to include: 1. Functioning like Ebay, Amazon or Taobao wherein all site users may post a product (become a seller) or buy a product. (Must prepare the system for future implementation of this function)
2. Incorporating merchant account and escrow service feature. Wherein the website will act as the middleman for the payment. E.g. the buyer deposits money to the website, then when buyer receives the product, website will deposit the money to the seller upon Approval of the buyer. (Must prepare the system for future implementation of this function)
- Developer must be proficient in Ruby on Rails web application framework.
- Must have a knowhow on Google analytics.
- Must be proficient in jquery.
- Must know mod_rack Web server extension
- Must know mod_rails Web server extension
- Must implement Nginx web server technology.
- Must implement RackCache cache tool
- Website must be hosted at Apache server.
- Must be familiar with shopify ruby on rails application. ([login to view URL])
- Must be familiar with Taobao API Functions as this will be mostly used in the website. [login to view URL] (use google translator).
- Must know the standard of “commenting” codes so that the future developer won’t have a hard time modifying and maintaining the code. (This is impotant so we know what your code declarations in the program means and what it does.)
- Web Developer must provide a documentation of the rails functions/modules/plugin that are used in the website and a readymade manual explaining how to modify/connect to functions /modules/plugin should we ever modify the website.
- Must be willing to provide after sales support for the website, most importantly with regards to the program code like program debugging, modifications and error fixing.