We have a partially done Ruby on Rails website. It is essentially a deals website. Models are already written, the login system is already in place using the "devise" gem. No layout, CSS, or web design is needed.
The following 4 pages need to be done:
1. A page which displays all the deals for a user as a moving feed. All actions on this page should be via AJAX
Additionally, each deal in this feed will have some clickable actions like rating, like, share
A "more" button at the end to display more deals
A set of filters in the left column that will filter which deals are displayed. Each filter is a link or a search box with auto-suggest
A dropdown box which allows sorting of deal on various fields
A search box that searches through the title/description of the deals
Each deal is tagged with categories, and user can filter and search by these categories
2. A page which displays a list of stores that the user is not yet subscribed to. All actions on the page should be via AJAX
Each store has an associated thumbnail and status. Clicking on the thumbnail updates a field in the database and changes the status of the store
3. A "Manage subscriptions page" which has a list of subscriptions for the user with some actions on each subscription. (Activate, subscribe, unsubscribe). Again all actions should be via ajax
4. Integration of existing login system with Facebook Login
1. NO layout, CSS, or web design is needed. Just the functionality
3. Your code needs to be compatible with blueprint-css which will be used for layout after you are done
4. Code needs to well written so someone else can continue to work on it when you are done
5. All code is currently on github. You'll write your code and check it back in to the repository.
We'll setup milestones, 1 for each of the tasks above and review for each milestone. If the project is well done, there is lot of additional work to be done on this website.