I am looking for a competent Django developer (or team of developers) to help develop a Q&A community that is based on Askbot, an open-source Q&A platform. The site is already live at realpha.com. Any candidate wishing to apply should possess the following qualities:
- Fluency in Python
- Experience with Django, or similar python-based web framework
- Experience with Git
- Solid CS fundamentals, preferably with a CS degree
- Excellent communication abilities, especially with progress updates
- Reliable and punctual, making every effort possible to stick to agreed deadlines
- Available to work 15-20 hours/week maximum, 5-10 hours more typically
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English
- Familiarity with Askbot, OSQA or another Q&A platform
- HTML/CSS and/or web design experience
- Familiarity working with outside APIs (eg Facebook), or ability to learn rapidly
- Interest in male personal development
I am based in Los Angeles, but open to hiring a remote developer. If I find the right person for the job, there is also the possibility of the position eventually leading to an equity stake in the company.
Please have a couple of references available to be checked.